Hummingbird Inn is licensed and inspected to assure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for guests. Our professional innkeeping staff is taking these additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
While the number of Coronavirus (CORVID-19) reported in our immediate area remains relatively low, we understand that it is still critically important for us to take appropriate measures to protect our guests as well as our staff.
Below are some additional steps we are taking to prevent exposure as well as a temporary update to our existing cancellation policy.
In addition to the preventive measures outlined below, please also note that our small size also helps to further limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds.
Beginning March 14, 2020 until further notice, the following COVID-19 changes will be implemented:
- Anyone entering the Inn must have a face mask on while in any of the common space areas.
- Breakfasts will be served at individual tables of no more than two (2) guests per table unless there are groups traveling together who also wish to sit together. We have enough tables and space to appropriately seat 4 guest rooms at a time. In the event there are more than 4 guest rooms booked on any giving night, we will implement 2 seating times (8:00am and 9:30am). Guests will select their seating time at check-in on a “first come/first served” basis. If for scheduling purposes you need to make sure you have a specific seating time, please call the Inn directly to arrange your preferred seating time.
- All servers and Hummingbird Inn staff are required to wear face masks throughout the breakfast service as well as while inside the Inn.
- Employees are required to wash their hands continuously throughout the day.
- Sick employees will not be allowed to report to work
- Shared surfaces such as door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, light switches, and trash cans are disinfected repeatedly throughout the day.
Special Cancellation Policy Addendum
Our current Cancelation Policy remains in effect
However, we have added the following temporary addendum:
- If you are sick or concerned about being exposed to the virus, please call us at (410-822-0605) to cancel your reservation so we can confirm your cancelation and implement any special arrangements.
- Deposit taken for canceled stays from will be eligible for one (1) of the following two (2) cancellation options:
- CREDIT: A full credit of deposit collected will be created to be applied to a future reservation. There is no expiration date on the credit and the credit may be gifted to another guest. There is no fee for this option.
- REFUND: The full amount of the deposit collected will be refunded to the guest. Refunds will only be made via check and mailed to the guest to the address provided on the original reservation unless a different address is provided at the time of cancellation. Refunds will not be credited to credit cards during this time period. While most checks are received within 7-10 business days, please allow for up to 3 weeks. There is no fee for this option.
During this time, we understand the impact that Coronavirus is having on all our lives, our plans, and our businesses. We encourage everyone to be understanding and compassionate to each other and keep in mind we must all work together to help one another through this unprecedented time. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated by everyone here at Hummingbird Inn and we remind everyone to take of yourselves and each other.
For those guests who end up needing to postpone/cancel their reservations, we are disappointed that we will not be hosting you at this time but do understand and want to accommodate everyone as best as we can.
Thank you for booking with us. We hope to see you on a future stay.