Hummingbird Inn is licensed and inspected to assure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for guests. Our professional innkeeping staff is taking these additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
At Hummingbird Inn, we understand that it is critically important for us to take appropriate measures to protect our guests as well as our staff. We have always made sure that the Inn is cleaned to the highest of standards and use appropriate disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
Below are some additional steps we are taking to prevent exposure as well as a temporary update to our existing cancellation policy.
In addition to the preventive measures outlined below, please also note that our small size also helps to further limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds.
From March 14, 2020, until further notice:
- Breakfasts will be served at individual tables of no more than two (2) guests per table unless there are groups traveling together who also wish to sit together. While we do have enough smaller/individual tables to accommodate this arrangement, in the event there are more groups of 2 than tables, we will stagger seating times.
- Condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, etc.. will be individually wrapped to avoid handling bottles.
- Our servers will wear protective vinyl gloves.
- Employees are required to wash their hands continuously throughout the day.
- Sick employees will not be allowed to report to work
- Shared surfaces such as door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, light switches, and trash cans are disinfected repeatedly throughout the day.
Special Cancellation Policy Addendum
Our current Cancelation Policy remains in effect
However, we have added the following temporary addendum:
- If you are sick or concerned about being exposed to the virus, please call us at (410-822-0605) to cancel your reservation so we can confirm your cancelation and implement any special arrangements.
- Deposit taken for canceled stays from March 14, 2020, to April 30, 2020, will be eligible for one (1) of the following two (2) cancellation options:
- CREDIT: A full credit of deposit collected will be created to be applied to a future reservation. There is no expiration date on the credit and the credit may be gifted to another guest. There is no fee for this option.
- REFUND: The full amount of the deposit collected will be refunded to the guest. Refunds will only be made via check and mailed to the guest to the address provided on the original reservation unless a different address is provided at the time of cancellation. Refunds will not be credited to credit cards during this time period. While most checks are received within 7-10 business days, please allow for up to 3 weeks. There is no fee for this option.
During this time, we understand the impact that Coronavirus is having on all our lives, our plans, and our businesses. We encourage everyone to be understanding and compassionate to each other and keep in mind we must all work together to help one another through this unprecedented time. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated by everyone here at Hummingbird Inn and we remind everyone to take of yourselves and each other.
For those guests who end up needing to postpone/cancel their reservations, we are disappointed that we will not be hosting you at this time but do understand and want to accommodate everyone as best as we can.
Thank you for booking with us. We hope to see you on a future stay.