Boating & Fishing
Located at the headwaters of the Tred Avon River and surrounded by rivers and creeks, 5 minutes in any direction from town, boating and fishing are indelible Easton’s character.
- Charters are available in Easton and neighboring towns, including Skipjack Sailing, Natural Historical cruises, tours, and boat rentals
- The Eastern Shore waters are home to the succulent Maryland Blue Crab, rockfish (striped bass), oysters, clams, and many other treasures
- Bareboat or captained charters are available for both power and sail boats
- Easton can also be reached by boat, landing at Easton Point, a working port of call for Talbot County light industry
While there are no swimming beaches in Easton, there are many in the surrounding area ranging between 15 to 90 minutes from Hummingbird Inn.
- Oxford Beaches
- Rehoboth Beach
- Ocean City
- Lewes Beach
Easton is a wonderful biking location with miles of winding country roads, beautiful scenery, and waterways to see.
- Bike rentals can be arranged or check out one of our Inn bikes for the day
- Quiet, safe back roads run between Easton, St. Michael’s, Oxford, and out to Tilghman Island
- Bike maps available
- Outdoor summer concert series
- Plein Air
- Multicultural Festival
- Waterfowl Festival
- Chesapeake Film Festival
- Eastern Shore Chamber Music Festival
- Easton Beer Fest
- Chesapeake Balloon & Wine Festival
- Jazz on the Chesapeake
- One of the top ten coastal towns in America
- Boutique Shopping
- Excellent Dining from pub to fine dining including traditional Maryland Crab Feasts
- Home of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
- Seasonal Festivals
- One of the oldest towns in America
- Boating, Fishing, Shopping
- Oxford Museum (http://www.oxfordmuseum.org/)
- Excellent Dining (American, Seafood, Café, Pub)
IN AND AROUND EASTON
Easton and the neighboring towns are home to a wide variety of cuisines including Italian, American, Japanese, BBQ, Farm-to- Table, Mexican, Steakhouse, Chinese, and of course, the freshest seafood available.
- Casual waterfront to fine, white-linen dining
- Several dining options within walking distance of Hummingbird Inn
- We can help secure dining reservations at many locations
The Easton area offers some of the most exciting opportunities for antiquing on the eastern seaboard.
- The town offers several fine antique stores, or meander the back roads and discover a bounty of unique shops
- From elegant 18th-century furniture, to oriental rugs and Chinese porcelain, glass, pottery, “country” collectibles, decoys, and colonial artifacts, treasures abound for every taste and budget
The Avalon Theater
- Over 100 performances every year
- Musical and dramatic theater
- Symphony orchestras
- Wide variety of national musical acts
- Showcasing local talent
- Academy Art Museum with a permanent collection of over 1,000 pieces including core holdings of European and American works on paper
- Historical Society Museum has an impressive collection
of portraits, artifacts, and historic furniture, as well as a museum shop with an array of donated and
consigned items for sale
- Located on Harrison Street every Saturday beginning in April through early December
- 8 AM – 1 PM, live music 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Local vendors feature fresh, locally-grown produce, plants of all kinds, flowers, herbs, gourmet goods, soaps and lotions, and hand-crafted gift and jewelry items.
- Every Thursday through Saturday (Thurs 9 AM – 6 PM; Fri 9 AM – 7 PM & Sat 9 AM – 3 PM)
- Indoor market offering fresh produce, meats, dairy products, furniture, handcrafted items, and indoor and take away dinning and more!
- Easton Plaza, 101 Marlboro Avenue, Easton, MD 21601