🚲 Hummingbird Inn Owned Bicycles
- The Inn has three (3) guest bicycles available for usage by any registered guest currently staying at the Inn. There is no fee to use the Inn bikes.
- Guests must sign a waiver form before a bike can be issued for use.
- Guests are responsible for any loss and/or damage to any bike or any removable part of the bike such as bike lock, basket, lights, etc.
🚲 Guest Bicycles
- Guests are welcome to bring their own bicycles to the Inn. Hummingbird Inn is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage to any privately owned bicycle while it is stored on the Hummingbird Inn property.
- Guests may lock their bikes to the designated locations. Indoor Shed Storage is available and must be arranged with the Inn prior to arrival to confirm space/availability.
- Cancellation Fee: A $15.00 cancellation fee for cancelations resulting in a refund may be applied.
- More than 14 Days: Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the scheduled check-in date and time will qualify for a 100% refund of the initial one-night room deposit less a $15 cancellation fee if applicable.
- 7-14 Days: Cancellations made between 14 and 7 days prior to the scheduled check-in date and time will qualify for a 50% refund of the initial one-night room deposit less a $15 cancellation fee if applicable.
- 7 Days or Less: If your reservation is canceled 7 days or less before the scheduled check-in date and time there is no refund of the initial one-night room deposit. No additional cancellation fee will be charged.
- Early Departure: Guests departing before the end of the confirmed reservation will be responsible to pay the full balance of the entire reservation upon departure.
- No Show: Guests who do not show up and do not cancel their reservation by 9:00pm on the day of their confirmed check-in date, will be considered a “No Show” and the full amount of the entire reservation remaining balance will be charged plus an additional $100 “No Show” fee.
- No children under the age of 12 years old will be allowed to stay at the Inn.
- Guests who arrive with underaged children may, at the discretion of management, be asked to leave and therefore would be responsible for the total cost of the entire reservation.
Common Area Usage
There are several Common Areas within the property of Hummingbird Inn which are available for use by registered guests with limitations. The Common Areas available are:
- Guest Parlor
- 2nd Floor Guest Lounge
- Front & Side Porch
- Victorian Garden
- Picnic Area
Usage of these areas is limited to general congregating only. Any type of formal gathering which requires any of the following (but not limited to):
- Additional furniture
- and/or Catering (food and/or beverage)
must be pre-arranged and approved by Hummingbird Inn management and may incur an event fee.
Cooking in Guest Rooms
- Cooking in guest rooms of any kind (hot plates, etc.) is strictly prohibited and may result in a $500 fine and possibly being asked to leave the property immediately.
- In a case where a guest is asked to leave the property, any balance due on the reservation will be collected in full as per the “Early Departure” policy.
🐾 Hummingbird Inn is a “Dog Friendly” Inn. We welcome all well-behaved dogs regardless of breed, size, or age. There is a $25/night/dog fee which will be collected at check-out time.
🐾 The Dog Stay fee is not collected for any certified and active Service Dog or Emotional Support Animals. Valid certification must be presented at check-in.
🐾 Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside of the Guest Room and within the interior property of the Inn.
🐾 Owners are fully responsible for any damage to any property owned by the Inn that their dog has caused as well as any injury and staff or guest incurs by the dog.
🐾 Dogs may be left in a guest room unattended provided the dog will not be destructive and will not disturb any other guests with barking and/or crying. We encourage owners who plan on leaving their dog alone in the room to either use a travel crate or consider arranging our in-house dog sitting service. Owners may be held responsible for any financial loss that is a direct result of their dog disturbing other guests without reasonable attempts to address the situation.
🐾 Hummingbird Inn is not liable for any loss or injury to any guest dog at any time during a registered stay at the Inn.
🐾 Dog owners are fully responsible for any damage to any other guest’s and their property and/or person during their stay.
🐾 Owners must clean up after their dog both at Hummingbird Inn and that includes both inside as well as outside on the Inn’s property. There will be a $100 fine for each incident where a dog has defecated or urinated anywhere on the property (inside or outside), and it is not cleaned up.
🐾 Hummingbird Inn offers in-house Dog Sitting for any dog staying with a registered guest.
🐾 Dog Sitting must be pre-arranged with the Inn. We can occasionally provide sitting without notice, but we cannot guarantee availability.
🐾 The fee for Dog Sitting is $15/hour for the 1st dog. Additional dogs are $10/hour. Standard hours for dog sitting are 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Additional hours may be available upon request.
🐾 Dog sitting is not available during holidays, special events (private or public), or any local festivals.
🐾 Dog owners must sign the Dog Sitting Waiver prior to leaving their dog with the dog sitter.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Hummingbird Inn has an on-site EV Charging Station available for any registered guest. This is a free amenity provided to registered guests of the Inn.
- This is a universal EV Charging Station. The Inn does not provide adaptors for Tesla’s or any vehicle that requires a proprietary connection.
- Hummingbird Inn is not responsible or liable for any damage caused to any person or any vehicle using the EV Charging Station. Guests must use at their own risk.
- Any damage to the EV Charging Station caused by improper usage or physical abuse by a guest will be the financial responsibility by the guest responsible to repair and/or replace the station to its original condition.
Guest Room Occupancy & Additional Guests
All guests room can sleep a minimum of up to 2 guests. The room rates provided are based on “Double Occupancy” which means that is the rate for up to 2 people to spend the night in the room.
Three (3) of our guest rooms can sleep more than 2 people and must be pre-reserved when more than two (2) guests will be occupying the room at any time during the reservation.
We cannot accommodate any additional guest that has not been pre-arranged prior to check-in.
The rooms which can sleep more than two (2) guests are:
- Easton Room (up to 3 guests total)
- Tilghman Island Room (up to 4 adults + 1 child total)
- Crisfield Room (up to 3 adults + 1 child total)
There is an additional fee for any additional guest over 2. The nightly fee is $55.00 per guest, per night.
Any guest staying in a room that is not configured to accommodate more than 2 people and has an unapproved guest stay over, will be fined $250/guest/night and may be asked to leave the premises prior to the conclusion of the reservation. Any guests asked to leave the Inn prior to the conclusion of their reservation will be financially responsible for the entire reservation as per the “Early Departure” policy.
Inn Access & Keys
- The front door to the Inn is unlocked between the hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm. However, there may be instances where the door will be locked during the day. Therefore, we recommend that guests always carry their provided Inn keys anytime the leave the property in the event the front door must be locked during the hours where it’s normally unlocked.
- Guests will be provided with up to two (2) sets of keys for their room and to access the Inn front door upon check-in.
- Guests must return the set(s) provided upon check-out. Any guest which departs without leaving the keys is asked to please send the keys back by priority mail as soon as possible.
- Any guest who loses a set of keys will be charged a $25.00 replacement cost per set.
- The standard check-in times are 3:00pm – 5:00pm. Any guest that arrives after 5:00pm to check-in, may be subjected to a fine of $25.00 per hour or portion thereof. Exceptions apply with management approval.
- We cannot accept check-in’s after 10:00pm. Any guest that has not arrived by 10:00pm will be considered a “No Show” and will be charged the full amount of the reservation as per the “No Show” policy.
- The standard check-out time is 11:00am. Later check-outs can sometimes be accommodated depending on room availability and must be pre-approved by management.
- Approved late checkout is available until 1:00pm. Later checkout times can be arranged up until 3:00pm but there is a $75.00 fee for any guest occupying a room from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
- Any guest who has not vacated their room by 11:00am without Management approval, will be charged an additional $25.00/hour or partial hour (starting at 11:00am) upon check-out.
- Guests staying past 2:00pm will be charged the full standard nightly rate for that specific room.
- Hummingbird Inn provides off-street parking in our private parking lot on the south side of
- Each guest is allowed a maximum of one (1) car per room. Guests who have more than 1 car per room can utilize the free street parking on any of the streets surrounding the Inn.
- Please note there is another parking lot next to the Hummingbird Inn parking lot. This is a private lot and not available to Hummingbird Inn guests. Any guest who parks in that lot is doing so at their own risk which may result in your car being ticketed and/or towed.
- Hummingbird Inn is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any car parked anywhere at any time.
- Any personal information collected from any guest which is needed to complete a reservation confirmation is private and will only be utilized by the Inn exclusively for business purposes.
- Credit card information is retained only for the duration of a reservation. Once a guest has checked out, this information is deleted from the system within 24 hours.
- We do not sell or provide personal information for any guest to anyone unless so ordered by a court of law.
Property Loss and/or Damage
Hummingbird Inn Property
- Any loss or damage to any property owned by Hummingbird Inn caused by a guest and/or guest visitor will become the financial responsibility of said person.
- The repair and/or replacement cost will be provided to the responsible party by Hummingbird Inn and charged to the credit card on file.
- While reasonable wear and tear is anticipated, negligent damages found to be the responsibility of a guest will be assessed and charged to the guest. Please report all spills and/or damages to the innkeepers promptly.
- Hummingbird Inn is not liable or responsible for any loss and/or damage to any personal property left unattended anywhere on the Inn property (inside or outside).
- Personal property that is damaged by any Inn staff while in the presence of the owner of the property will be paid for at a reasonable and agreed upon price.
- All guests are asked to be respectful of other guests and the amount of noise there is at any time during the day.
- We ask all guests to refrain from loud noises, music, TV, gatherings, etc. while on the Inn property (inside or outside) between the hours of 10:00pm – 8:00am.
We are proud to be a non-smoking inn. Smoking of tobacco products is permissible on our large front porch or anywhere outside. Electronic cigarettes may be smoked outside but must be turned off if brought into the house. For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow fireworks, candles or incense burning in any of our guest rooms or on the grounds. Inn guests smoking in the house will be charged a minimum $ 250 fee + any lost reservations or additional expenses to provide other guests with acceptable accommodations while we return any room to a non-smoking status.
Hummingbird Inn requires all staff and guests to comply with our Non-Discrimination Policy which states that any person on the Hummingbird Inn premises will not be discriminated against or mistreated under any circumstances. This includes any reason related to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older) or genetic information (including family medical history). This type of behavior will not be tolerated and any guest or staff member that violates this policy will be asked to leave the property.
A guest that is asked to leave the property as a result of the violation of the Inn’s Non-Discrimination Policy will be considered an “Early Departure” and will be responsible for any open balances and may incur additional fines.
- Hummingbird Inn registered guests are welcome to invite visitors to meet them and gather at the Inn. We ask all guests to respect the other guests at the Inn and restrict visiting between the hours of 10:00am – 10:00pm.
- Please refer to the section “Guest Occupancy & Additional Guests” when asking as guest to stay overnight.
- Any issues created by a visitor of a registered guest, will become the full responsibility of the registered guest. This includes any Hummingbird Inn Policies as well as financial obligations as a result of the infraction.